Budget: all-inclusive artist fee of $8500
Application Deadline: June 27th, 2022
Location: Round SaskEnergy Building beside 510 Saskatchewan Cres East
In collaboration with the Broadway Business Improvement District (BBID), SaskEnergy is requesting concepts from visual artists for a mural to enhance the aesthetics of the round SaskEnergy building at the top of the Broadway Bridge. The mural project will serve as a gateway element to the Broadway District. The concept will be evaluated by the partners, and one artist will be selected.
The building dimensions are roughly 8’ high and 32’ in circumference (10’ diameter building). (The signs can be removed for painting over the door and then reinstalled. The applicants are responsible for measuring the surface in advance.)
SaskEnergy and the BBID are interested in images that speak to the vibrancy and the electricity of the Broadway District through an interpretation of the atmosphere, flavour or mood of the district, or it may focus on the past, present or future of the Broadway area. Priority will be given to concepts that are best viewed from the distance of the nearest sidewalk. It is also important for the artwork to deter graffiti vandalism and tagging.
· CV, resume that highlights your most relevant qualifications for this call with a link to your website (One page);
· Statement of Artistic Practice;
· Active Professional Membership Number (CARFAC), if applicable;
· Concept Description with one image explaining the concept/theme of the proposed mural (One-page);
· Project Plan including work schedule, Mural installation, with dates (mural must be completed by August 5th, 2022);
· Three (3) images of the most relevant work, each one labelled: starting with the title of work, location, date and materials
example: Aura_Broadway Mural_year/day/month_aerosol (Oil)(industrial paint)(etc.)
Please send all requirements and documents by June 27th via email in a PDF format to: email@example.com.